Instructions for sending images
We would love to post on our website any images you have from our years at Marshall, plus any photos of classmates from elementary school and junior high. Below are some instructions on how to get your images to us.
If you are starting from scratch with prints, slides or negatives, please follow these instructions:
- You should be okay scanning prints at 300 dpi. If you are scanning slides or negatives, set it at a minimum of 2400 dpi.
- You can save your images as jpg files, but please save them at their highest resolution and quality. You might have to dig in a bit deeper into your software program to confirm the settings, but please save them at the best setting possible. We can downsize them for the web.
- If you are unfamiliar with working on photos on a computer, please just send your scanned photos untouched. We can touch them up and prepare them for viewing.
Sending Your Scanned Images Online
- If you just have a few images, it is probably best to send them by email. Please be aware that most email servers limit the total amount of an attachment to maybe 10 mb, so you may need to send several email messages. Be sure to send your photos at their original size.
- If you have too many photos to send via email, please contact us for other instructions.
What If I Don’t Want To Scan Them Myself?
If you are uncomfortable scanning images, or you do not have a scanner, or you don’t have a very good scanner, please feel free to ship your images to us. Everything will be returned to you promptly.
318 Dry Mill Rd SW
Leesburg, VA 20175